Motor Belt Monitoring in ATEX Zone 1

Hi All,

In know this topic is not an actual PLC-problem, but i hope you guys can help me anyway.

I have a motor placed in the ATEX zone 1 area. From the motor i have 3 parallel belts to a gear that drives a bowl. According to ATEX standards i need to monitor the belts to make sure they do not get warmer than approx. 130-140 degrees celcius.

Do you have any ideas to solve the problem? Or,
knowledge to a solution or a brand that sells this kind of service?

*** |bowl gear
|||
|||
|||
|||
***| motor

Hope you can help, thanks.

If it is truly a "standard" that the belts must be continuoulsy monitored (I'm skeptical) I'd suggest contacting the bowl vendor and ask abouth their normal practice.

Hi,

Your question suggest an installation in Europe (ATEX). So for the electrical aspects (the motors, ect...) you should look at the European standard EN 60079-14 that notably require the complication of a verification dossier.

For the mechanical aspect there are standards under the ATEX directive, for a complete list see:

http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/poli...s/equipment-explosive-atmosphere/index_en.htm

I would start to look at EN 1127-1 and then the standards in the EN 13463 series.

Regards

Vincent http://linkd.in/ExConsult