S7 Processor

Disciple

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am trying to go online with a Processor,(S7-300 CPU317-2 DP/317-2AJ10-0AB0), right out of the Box. Got the Power Supply,(PS307 5A DC 24V), Hooked Up. I am trying to use a PC/MPI Cable for the First time. I normally use the Wireless Network here at the Facility.Under "Options"-->Set PG/PC Interface I am not seeing the S7 USB "Interface Parameter Assignment Used" that I am looking for.
Anyone got a Direction for me to Take?
Thank You.

What version Of Step 7 are you using?
If it 5.4, have you loaded the driver for the USB PC adapter?
It shows up in the Set PG interface as the PC adapter.

If you are using V5.5, the driver is loaded when you install Step 7. In set PG interface, it is listed as PC adapter.

In either case you will have to pick the adapter according the network you are using (MPI, DP)

Getting the error: #288:91
"With the Set Interface Configuration, Communication is not Possible".
"Interface Configuration currently being used is not Supported by Step7".

Simatic Help Offers this Solution:
"OPEN "Set PG/PC Interface Dialog Box & Enter A Compatible Interface Configuration,(Parameters)."

Where can I find Such Parameters?

What are you setting the PG interface to - exactly?
The network you select, must be used in the project for the CPU.

S7

Not sure how to select adapter according to network. I have the Processor on my desk. powered up , with the PC/MPI cable hooked directly. Im using v5.5, I also have V5.3 on another Laptop. I have the Driver cd.

In Simaticconfigurator Manager, under the options menu, select "Set PG" interface.
In the dialog box that appears, scroll down the list and find PC adapter - MPI. Setthe properties (node number, baud rate, etc). The defaults will be ok. Click ok.

The USB adapters powered by the CPU, not the computer, so the cable must be plugged in to the CPU and the computer for the computer to see it.

Make sure you plus the adapter into the MPI port of the CPU.

This is from memory, so you may have to interpret a bit !

Which Module do you want to reach?
Rack?
Slot?
MPI Address?
Also, the station address that is entered is not complete! Fill out all input fields.
Were almost there Mike RH. Get me through!!

I just got it to Communicate.
I selected the MPI adapter again
went to properties
Hit the Update tab
& it showed
Rack 0
Slot 0
MPI Adress 2
Module Type CPU 317-2

Now, I view Online & there are SFB's & SFC's. I am going to Wipe these out, then Upload a Sample project I wrote, just to verify Communication.
What do you think?

Mike, I had created a Project, with the Module I have being Selected from the List where you create a new project in the Wizard. I have no blocks yet, but Im going to make a few & try to Upload them for Test Purposes

Download your HW configuration from within the HW configuration editor.
Then in Simatic Manager create your program. Blocks and download them.

Just copied SFC44 from Module CPU 317-2 and Pasted it in the Offline window, & watched the Tx/Rx LED on the PC/MPI cable Flicker, Indicating Communication. Thanks for then Support Mike RH. I know now where I went wrong.I needed to Make sure the Project I was Looking at had the Module CPU 317-2 selected & under the Set PG/PC Interface I neede to select the MPI Interface and then go the Properties, Update it, then see the Rack/Slot/MPI address.
Once again, Mike RH Rocks & PLCs.net rocks!!
Never knew Brilliance & Humility could Exist Together.
And so now the Journey of Humility Begins for me,
For I realize I need not be Brilliant, when I can just reach out to those who have already Attained It to Guide me.
Thanks Again