RsView (Tag Holds last value when node is OFF line)

allanbradl

Hello everybody ! I run into small problem in my RsView 32 application . Here is what happening : The Trend reading Tag named “RPM” (0-200) value from integer N7:20 at node 01 (for argument sake) Every time when node 01 goes offline (key switch wired up to shut PLC down) “RPM” Tag faults because of loss of connection and stuck with last known value (anywhere between 0 and 200 ) Trends are based on reading “Historical” value and the Database still logging last value from “RPM” Tag and displaying non existing “RPM” :( I do understand that there has to be the way to make a tag go “0” when Node goes offline instead of going “fault’ or “error” with last known value stuck in it or other way of doing it . Will appreciate any ideas ! Thank you .

I don't have my RSView system in front of me here, but I would look into using the Event Detector and monitoring System tags for a communications failure. Something along those lines should do the trick. Write an expression to say "if I have a comms failure, set this tag to zero.

OG

Iam trying :)

Trying to work in that direction , cannot use comms because i have 10 nodes on the same channel (i mean channel is not really going down )
Activity log viewer displays message " Channel 1 error -'(01)"and so on (02) or(03) depend on wich node goes offline
So now Q is how to make a tag watching chanel or channels or how to use expression (feel realy bad about using derrived tags and events they are limited to 20 each ) Fell free to comment :) Moral support appreciated :)

Do you have a heartbeat from the down PLC? If so, cant you run a VBA script to move a 0 to the value of the tag if the heartbeat stops? Just a thought.

That sounds like an idea too :) But I missed poin in the previous reply about events monitor (functios : comms_err[TagName])
Any way feel much better now :) Thank you

Hello again everybody : ) Finally learned the hard way that tag with integer value cannot be overwritten Created derived tag “DRPM” if comm_err(RPM) then (analogTagwith0value) else (RPM) Ugly but does the job :) Thanks again