Counter Preset Values

Oneslyfox

Hi everyone,

probably a simple question, but I can't find it anywhere. The counter and timer commands in TIA Portal (v10.5 SP2) all have presets ("values" or "times"). I'd like to have the output of a move command feed right into them (see attached Image), but I'm told they're read only from other commands. Is there anyway to remove the read-only attribute? Thanks!

PLC Timer question.jpg

Since no one has answered I'll take a chance even though I haven't used this language.

It appears that the presets to the timer is supplied by reference to another memory location (a data block's element). So it would seem that you would modify the content of that data block's element to alter the preset value rather than trying to write to an internal location in the timer. The preset is probably reloaded from that memory location each time the timer is executed.

So to change the preset for 'HeartBeatOnFaultTimer' write to %DB1.DBD6

Last edited: