Crimson 3.0 function questions

robinsheehy

Hello All,

I have a couple of questions about some functions available in Crimson 3.0 and was hoping that somebody maybe able to help me out.

I would like to have a string displayed on the panel that automatically shows the version of the database installed, I was thinking it would come from the cd3 file name. I have this function on the PLC I use but currently on the Redlion we have to have a fixed string that somebody needs to change each time they modify the database. I thought that the GetVersionInfo() function maybe able to help input code 1 and 2 make sense and i know they can't help me out, but I wasn't sure about input code 3. Does anybody know what information you get back from GetVersionInfo(3)?

And a quick question about SaveConfigFile(). In the reference manual is says that it will generate a CDI image file, is that still correct, or will it generate a CI3 file?

Thanks

I have not used that function yet, but I would suspect that if CDI is an earlier version of the CF image stored on ComapactFlash, then you are right. I did not know that existed as a funtion. I gotta start exploring the red stuff more! I found an undocumented system variable called DispUpdates just yesterday after I had spent too much time rolling my own and fixing it.

What Build are you running? I just blew away Build 502 (emulator hangups) and am downloading 493 now (I thought it was on my thumb drive).///o_O

Last edited: