micrologix 1200

jbenton

I have a MicroLogix 1200 connected to a panel view DH-485 via an adapter 1761-NET-AIC.

I need to connect a zebra printer.

Can I connect the printer to port 1 of the AIC+ adapter(DB9)?

Can I send ascii data (awt instruccion) to the printer?

You're sort of stuck.

You can only use the AWT instruction in DF1 and ASCII modes, and the AWA instruction in ASCII mode. In DH485 mode, any of the ASCII Write instructions will fail with an error.

If you had the MicroLogix 1200 "R" model, with a second RS-232 "HMI" port, you'd still be stuck because the second port is fixed for DF1 Full Duplex.

Does your PanelView happen to be one of the models with a Printer port ? You might be able to use Print Only alarms to do what you want.

If you have one of the PanelView terminals that has both a DH485 port and a Printer port, you might be able to use a Print Only Alarm to send string data to a printer.

Rule #1 of all PanelView questions on the Forum is: "What is the exact part number" ?

The PanelView terminals with part numbers that end in 2 or 5 do not have a Printer port. A quick physical inspection will also reveal the presence or absence of a port marked "PRINTER".