Integer to BCD in RS5000

oxlacey

I am receiving 16 I/O pts. into an Integer called LC. I want to convert this to a BCD. What is the easiest way (instruction?) to do this? If there is no single instruction, how else can I do this?

Convert to BCD with the TOD instruction
Convert from BCD with the FRD instruction

In the older PLC-5 controllers they assign letters to different data types. N= Integer, B=Binary, F=Floating Point, and D=BCD. So TOD = To "D" and FRD = from "D".

Just in case you wondered why the instructions are TOD & FRD.

OG

Similar Topics

Hi, I'm communicating with a generator controller via Modbus, and not sure how best to write the time to it. The generator is expecting the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am quite new to PLC programming, so pardon my noob-ness. First, I have counters & timers in my program that I use to calculate total...
Replies
Views
Hi all, BCD to Integer instruction in STEP7 reads the contents specified in the input parameter as a three digit number in binary coded decimal...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm using a Modbus ProSoft where I basically map data to a big INT array. Example, where GX_I_63HPU is a REAL, MNETC.DATA.WriteData[200] an...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, I'm integerating a device with a Rockwell PLC with V34 Studio 5000. The device reports error codes using a single integer to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom