InTouch 2012 Alarm DB Logger connect to SQL

LVShann

Trying to use Alarm DB Logger to log alarms for history. I'm running Windows 7 and have SQL Server Express 2008 R2. When I try to configure the logger, I enter my server name (the computer name as it is the default instance), the WWALMDB and then the user name and password. When I try to test the connection (or create) it pops up the error "Connection to server not available." Anyone know if I've forgotten to turn something on or configure something correctly?

Note: I have tried using "LOCAL" as the server name and, although it thinks on it longer, it still fails.

Did you enable Mixed Mode on the SQL Server?
Is the SQL Server running?
Try run this from command prompt:
Code:
osql -E
If you are connected now, disconnect and try next:
Code:
osql -U typeUserName -P typePassword
where typeUserName is SA and typePassword is a password for SA user.

Let us know what are the results.

Thank you, kutuz.

It turns out that somehow mixed mode had been turned off. Another problem was that, although I had changed the sa password in one place, it hadn't changed in another (I had originally changed it in the server properties by right clicking on it but I had not also changed it in the security\logins section). It finally went through once I had both set correctly.