Reversing Polarity

eForce

I have a Panasonic PLC running 3 motors and they have to reverse direction after a timer. It currently uses one FP16 module with positive polarity and another with negative polarity. I then output Y01 or Y11 depending on which direction it should go.

How can I do this with a relay so that I only need one output module. i.e. Y00 for left and Y01 for right.

the answer is in the hard wiring
but we need more detail.
What type of motors
all three motors need to be reversed?

very good - the kids will hate you at haloween.
you are correct (6 Relays and 6 outputs
just keep the seperation with say 4 pole relays
I wouls recomend that you use a Normaly Closed contact in series with the other direction coil
           rev

) (y0)------]/[------(fwd)

fwd

) (y1)------]/[------(rev)

yup, they hate me with great big smiles. Not getting your diagram though. I have 2 12v relays with pins 30, 85, 86, 87, & 87a.

please give me the make and part number of your relay - I'll look into it.
the DWG is an attempt not to go to full cad.
What knowledge do you have with electrical ccts other than PLC programming

One "Double Throw Double Pole" relay should take care of the reverse/forward part.

Wire the + and - to each pole then connect the NC's of one the NO's of the other. Then to the motor.

You may need another relay to stop it.

They're DF005. I have moderate experience and skill in circuits. No fires yet LOL
I still need the Manufacturers name - of the relay
this looks like a car relay

----(+ coil -)------

-----]open[------!-----

!

-----]closed[----!

by the way
--]open[---

is the same as
----]  [-----

and
--]closed[---

is the same as
----] / [-----

it means the state of the contact when the relay is de-energised.
a car relay only has one set of change over contacts.
you need at least two sets of contacts as per Mickey's post.
but the hard wire control is a bit more complex.
look at the RScomponents listing