Analog Scaling Problem

iamwags

New to programming. How to take Analog Input data (scaled 0-10vdc = 0 to 359 display on PanelView 550 for PLS Readout). I have it working roughly but need better resolution for readout. Problem is small rotational movement equals more than 1 degree on Readout.🔨

How to take Analog Input data (scaled 0-10vdc = 0 to 359 display on PanelView 550 for PLS Readout).
I would set it up like the example in the Panelview Demo projects. Note that this gauge range is not 0 to 360 but is -90 degress to +110 degrees. If you need better resolution and your PLC has a Floating Point Data Type ("F8" for RSLogix), then you could change your gauge tag to have a decimal point and tenths of a degree resolution.

PanelView 550 Circular Gauge Setup.jpg PanelView 550 Circular Gauge Change to Floating Point.jpg

Last edited:
You might try scaling the value to 0-3590 in the PLC and the PV . The decimal point would be implied, if that doesn't confuse people.