About S7 attributes

MOeZ

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

I would like to know how and when to use S7 attributes? I hit F1 keys and it still not clear enough for me :confused: . So i hope somebody can share me out important S7 attributes with examples in PCS7 area. many thanks in advance.

Hi,

appreciate your help in advance.

The attributes are flags used by the CFC compiler (mapper) to process the block/block IO's accordingly.

I have no PCS7/CFC at hand, but if you open the help file and search for "attributes", you should find a complete listing here.

And if you search your documentation directory (I can't remember if it lays under SIMATIC/DOCUMENTATION or in an own directory), you should find a PDF with guideline for programming function blocks. In there you'll find some examples of how to use the different attributes.

===
I googled "Step7 attributes" and the second web result gave me this link to "SIMATIC programming with STEP7":
http://cache.automation.siemens.com/dnl/zU/zUwMjUxNTMA_18652056_HB/S7prv54_e.pdf

In the manual there are lots of info about attributes, but you'll have to search and read (yourself
icon12.gif
).

Kalle