Drill down through Panelview 600 to MicroLogix?

R_C

Is it possible to download a program to a MicroLogix 1200 through a Panelview 600 Ethernet port? The MicroLogix is connected to the Panelview through the serial port.

I presume this is a PanelView Plus 600. The PanelView Standard Ethernet model only has a Printer port, not a comms-to-controller serial port.

Unfortunately, RA didn't implement any CIP passthrough in RSLinx Enterprise (which is what you see running in the PV+ when you browse it).

The backplane functions appear to be there when you browse the PanelView Plus, but they can't be used in any meaningful way, including downloading to the attached controller.

Similar Topics

Good Evening , I purchased Studio 5000 Standard a few weeks ago . I know Studio goes down only has far has version 20. I need to go down to...
Replies
Views
Good Morning , After all these years , I still can't wrap my head around DeviceNet :( . I have RS Networx / DeviceNet. I would like to...
Replies
Views
I may be missing something pretty simple here but here is my problem. I'm trying to go online with a Compactlogix that is on a private ethernet...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'm trying to retrieve the scan list from a network in a SLC 05 and when I try to go online in RSNetworx, the "OK" button is grayed out...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know what can prevent RsLinx classic being unable to drill down to the DH+ network of a 1756-DHRIO module in a CLG gateway. I have...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom