IRC Chat Rooms for PLC Programming

habadeer

Anyone know of any IRC chat rooms for PLC programmers?
I have been Googling for one and can't seem to find anything recent.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers!

What is "IRC"? Is that a PLC brand, or a new type of PLC programming?

For all else, this is one of the best "chats" on PLCs that you will find.

Internet Relay Chat. A pre-web protocol for real-time chat. Needs a special client, Xircon is a good freeware(*). Like usenet it's still around but slowly decaying and is largely unknown by the non-nerd younger generation who only know about MSN and the ilk. Anyone recall gopher?

(*) I believe there are some java apps that run in a standard web browser.

Like usenet it's still around but slowly decaying and is largely unknown by the non-nerd younger generation who only know about MSN and the ilk.

Not true it depends on who you hang with. Very alive in both the old and Young hacking community sir.

EFNet is popular but most of the good stuff is done on private or invisible IRC channels that someone has to give you a invite to.

Still the best communications form at my favorite event http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-us-12/

Internet Relay Chat. A pre-web protocol for real-time chat. Needs a special client, Xircon is a good freeware(*). Like usenet it's still around but slowly decaying and is largely unknown by the non-nerd younger generation who only know about MSN and the ilk. Anyone recall gopher?

(*) I believe there are some java apps that run in a standard web browser.

But will it work on my computer?
336502_1GG.jpg

Ok. Got it. Thanks. This forum seems to be as active as a chat room so, I guess I'll stick with this for now.
icon10.gif

it is a bit hard to freely chat as it depends what time it is where you are.

iant::Yes, that can be true. However, I have found that this forum works just like a chat room, but through my e-mail. While the e-mail alerts require some management (i.e. deletion) and the webpage is not as fast, it is still quite functional. No worries! Thanks.

if we can help we will - I'm one of the old B's othis site Hope we are not too hard on you. LOL

going to bed Now - Need a few hours buety sleep before work (around 6 hrs from now) Have a good one

I don't mean to revive a dead post, but I'd also be interested in an IRC channel.
I agree that the response time on these boards if great, but if anyone else is interested please post.

The problem I see is that most of us are working and can't monitor a realtime chat room, this way we can drop a question - go on to the next crisis and come back when we can. Same is true for answering.