Ph to PLC

dontknow

Hi all,

Im working on a project and want to know the best way to connect a PH probe to a Simatic S7-1200 PLC
it can have analog inputs but cant read mA.
so basically i want an probe output like 0 to 5V

thanks in advance

Greetings

You can always get a voltage signal out of a current signal by using a dropping resistor acrposs you input terminals. This is a 250 Ohm resistor that will produce 1-5 VDC at 4-20 mA current passing through it. Then you just have to use your programming to accommodate the 20% offset of 1 VDC in the input signal. You loose a little resolution, but the anaolg to digital conversion is going to be an order of magnitude more accurate than your pH probe anyway.

You can always get a voltage signal out of a current signal by using a dropping resistor acrposs you input terminals. This is a 250 Ohm resistor that will produce 1-5 VDC at 4-20 mA current passing through it. Then you just have to use your programming to accommodate the 20% offset of 1 VDC in the input signal. You loose a little resolution, but the anaolg to digital conversion is going to be an order of magnitude more accurate than your pH probe anyway.

Ty for you're reply,
So if i use a 250 ohm resistor i will be able to see the values on the PLC?
only there is one problem.
my probe got a BNC connector. So how am i going to use a resistor and connect it to the PLC when im not permitted to destroy the BNC connector

We use a lot of times the S7-1200 but we always configure the analog Input as a 0-10V signal and we use the 499 ohm resistor.
If you buy a PH probe, you will also need the PH transmitter to connect the probe to.
If the transmitter has a 0-10V signal output, you don't need the resistor.

We use a lot of times the S7-1200 but we always configure the analog Input as a 0-10V signal and we use the 499 ohm resistor.
If you buy a PH probe, you will also need the PH transmitter to connect the probe to.
If the transmitter has a 0-10V signal output, you don't need the resistor.

Ty,
do you know some good Ph Transmitters?
im searching atm but i cant find a good PH transmitter.
and what is a regular price for a PH transmitter?

Ty,
do you know some good Ph Transmitters?
im searching atm but i cant find a good PH transmitter.
and what is a regular price for a PH transmitter?

I think you should buy the transmitter from the same brand as the probe. It will be easier with the scales, connections etc.
What is the make and ref. of the probe?

I think you should buy the transmitter from the same brand as the probe. It will be easier with the scales, connections etc.
What is the make and ref. of the probe?

I only know that the probe comes from applikon
and it was made in the USA, hopefully you can find something!

Ty, but no thats not the probe.
It looks exactly like this.
just only the probe.
what do you think is the best interface to buy?

Isn't that a process monitoring / sampling instrument?

Usually pH probes are pipe mounted in-line, sometimes under a dome style housing.

How do you mount your probe in the process flow / substance to be measured?

Isn't that a process monitoring / sampling instrument?

Usually pH probes are pipe mounted in-line, sometimes under a dome style housing.

How do you mount your probe in the process flow / substance to be measured?

hmm, i dont get you're question.
i want to connect my probe to a PLC S7-1200
for this i need an interface like thisone.
now i want to know what is the best option, and what is the cheapest interface?