Red Lion G3 screen saver

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Happy Labor Day everyone!!

Do the current HMI panels have issues with image burn in if you don't use a screen saver? Does anyone create or use screen savers anymore with HMI panels?

If so, Is there any way to create a screen saver or something similar for a G308? I would even be happy with a blank screen that would switch off when the panel is touched.

Thanks for the help.

Hello,

There is no need for a screen saver with current LCD screens. If you would like to turnoff the backlight after a certain timeout, that is an available setting.

Thanks
Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy. Were can I find that setting for the back-light? Is it in Crimson 3 or on the panel itself?

Also does the back-light come back on when the screen is touched?

Yes when you touch the screen it will come back on

Its in Crimson 3, Go to Display Pages and click on Pages on the top of the page tree. In the Global Timeouts section you will see Backlight Timeout.

Thanks
Jeremy

Thanks again!! It is refreshing to see a manufacture team member participating in this site!!! I wish more manufactures would look into taking part in these types of forums. Working on my second HMI project and just ordered another G308. Thanks to the people on this site the first one went very well and I learned a lot. I will always speak highly of your product and use it when ever I can.

Hello,

There is no need for a screen saver with current LCD screens. If you would like to turnoff the backlight after a certain timeout, that is an available setting.

Thanks
Jeremy

But if I want to display a Logo, instead, after a certain timeout, is there a way to do it?

But if I want to display a Logo, instead, after a certain timeout, is there a way to do it?

One way would be to use the On Timeout Function of every page in your project. Just create a Page with your Logo (I'll call the page Logo_Page) and in the On Timeout function call GoToPage(Logo_Page). Be sure to set the Timeout Period to something reasonable.

There isn't a Global Timeout Function or Variable that I have found so this will have to be done on every page.

One way would be to use the On Timeout Function of every page in your project. Just create a Page with your Logo (I'll call the page Logo_Page) and in the On Timeout function call GoToPage(Logo_Page). Be sure to set the Timeout Period to something reasonable.

There isn't a Global Timeout Function or Variable that I have found so this will have to be done on every page.

You could then create an action on the Logo, to goto the previous page.

Thanks for the ideas.
That should work good, because some pages, I don't want to timeout, or show a Logo.