Wonderware Quick Sctipt

raghupathyps

Hi all

Am having Wonderware Intouch V9.0, connected to 2 different Siemens PLCs (CPU 315-2DP & IM151-8 PN)via profinet. I want to pass some data from one PLC to other through Intouch scada.

So I created window script of "while showing"(common header) from Quick functions​

" script====> Tag2 = Tag1; "

where as, Tag1 form PLC1 & Tag2 From PLC2 so the data transfer from PLC1 to PLC2

This works well but over a period of time the tag2 not get updated..
If i close the application & restart the same then it started to work....
I have used both tags in scada for monitoring purpose there also tag2 didnt change after some time...

I need help to get rid of this....

Thanks
Ragu

Just guessing it might have something to do with the window "showing".

Do you get the same issue if you place the logic in the application script?

Be sure to check the log file in the management console - see if any error msgs are there.

kekrahulik is right the Script will only execute when the Tag is actively being updated within an intouch windows. I would suggest you use the Data Change script and use Tag 2 Data change as a trigger for your script.

Your other option is to select the Applications script with condition While Running Every x amount of seconds. The data change is a better way of doing this though.

Rheinhardt

Why would you be using an HMI to transfer data between PLC's?
Is the data being used for any type of control?
What would you do if the HMI was in need of a reboot, or what you experienced that the script wasn't executing?

This is not a recommended method of transferring data between controllers.

What would you do if the HMI was in need of a reboot, or what you experienced that the script wasn't executing?

Oakley is right ideally you either want it hardwired or using inter PLC communications.

If you have to do and i have seen similar situations in the past i would further suggest putting in watchdogs to detect when there is a break down in communication. You can then allow for this in each PLC. This all depends on your process.

Because I could not stop PLCs for loading the program.. and those are not connected thru' netpro due they belongs to different cluseters...
And the data used to monitor the wire thickness where accuracy is not a problem...

Oakley is right ideally you either want it hardwired or using inter PLC communications.

If you have to do and i have seen similar situations in the past i would further suggest putting in watchdogs to detect when there is a break down in communication. You can then allow for this in each PLC. This all depends on your process.
Dear RheinhardtP,

As am new to the Intouch scada am not so gud... could u tell me in detail...

Watchdogs are created to monitor a link between the PLC's -

A simple one to incorporate is having a continuous counter running in both PLC's. You can transfer this counter values via the Scada to the other PLC. The PLC can compare the previous scan value if it find this value does not change for a period of time you can take necessary action.

Another option is to have a Set Reset between the PLC's. One PLC sets a bit the other resets the bit. Again if your value does not change, PLC can assume there is a break in communication.

You can do the same between a PLC and SCADA for that matter. It would all depend on your process and the function of the data being transferred between devices.

Explain why you transfer these values.

Last edited: