Mitsubishi PLC Monitoring

Chat Honey

I have several Mitsubishi A1S PLCs. The CPU 25-Pin access terminal is being used for an operator interface. How can I monitor the PLC while it is running when this port already has an attached cable.
I have the GX Developer 6 Software Program.

[email protected]

Some HMI units (like e-terminals) support pass through connection, so you can program PLC by connecting to the second HMI port.
Another way: A1S uses RS422 communication.
You should be able to put Y-splitter and connect SC-05 cable

Pass-through would be the easiest solution... :nodi:

I'm not familiar with the A1S series, but I think you can add an A1SJ71UC24-R2 to give you an additional serial port... :confused:

Check the 'Communications' section of THIS PAGE for other options.

beerchug

-Eric

Yes,It's pass through

Hi All
I agree with Contr_Conn &Eric Nelson you can connect to A1S Cpu through the HMI you can do that rither through Mac seris or E-Series your PC will be connected to the RS232 in your HMI and the RS422 of the HMI connected to the CPU.
If you are connected to the PLC you can monitot and modify your program.If you want to modifay the program in your HMI while you are in this setup you must first disconnect the communication link with the PLC and connect to the HMI

Well, it would be nice to know what kind of operator interface your using, as some here are assuming its made by Mitsubishi. If this is the case then most likely you can just use the 232 port, you need to transfer the setup and check the box that says via TRANSPARENT MODE and you can do anything you want to with the HMI or PLC.

IF, this "operator interface" is not made by Mitsubishi OR the operator interface doesn't have a transparent mode, then you need the V-MDD. I believe this is the only company who makes this and they have a distributer here in the states. It plugs right in to your progamming port on the plc and turns it into two, 1 for your operator interface and one for you to program, monitor the plc while the HMI is running. BTW, a simple splitter will not work because you say you want to monitor the plc, well in order to do that you would have to unplug the operator interface everytime which gets you knowhere.
Tim
http://www.hakko-elec.co.jp/eng/product/v6series/index02.html

adapt.jpg

Thanks for an excellent response.

Tim --

Thanks for taking the time to give me an excellent response to my question. The HMI that I am working with is a very old unit that was made in Europe with few options for accessing the A1S PLC through it.
Your Dual Port Interface is an excellent suggestion.
Thanks for your help.
Chat Honey

This splitter would be great for me two ... but I can't find it anywhere :( Maybe someone knows where can I buy it ? I believe it is quite old stuff.