RSLogix500 Software

berrabbit5849

I have the RSlogix500 starter on my laptop. I have purchased the ONLINE programing software. I have purchased two DONGLES for these two versions. How do I make the DONGLE work with my starter software before I uninstall it from my laptop ?

First thing you need to do is go to your activation software. (factory talk activation manager). Next you need to find the right serial #. Click on rehost activation, select the activation for RSLogix 500. It will take you through a series of steps. Follow each step carefully. After that go to rockwells web site and find rehost activation. Follow the steps. Write down all numbers that are given. Then stay on the same web site and push get activation. Make sure your dongle is plugged in to your computer and then select download activation to dongle.

I uninstalled the STARTER software and installed the ONLINE software on my company laptop and have it activated. It is referenced to a dongle. Now. Can I load this software on another laptop and just plug the DONGLE into it and start working ?

OK. I have uninstalled RsLogix500 standard and reinstalled it on my desktop. It finally opens up this time instead of a error box. I have this same software on my laptop and I use a DONGLE with it. How do I get the same DONGLE to work on my desktop ?