Hello again quick panel view ?

controlconcepts

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a PV1000 Color Touch 2711-T10C10
and it has the DeviceNet option card.

I have found a DH+ comm card for the same type of PV.
My question is can they be swapped out?
Or is there more to it than just changing the card?

Will the PB32 Recognize it upon a upload?

Thanks again,
Matt

There's more to it than swapping out the hardware. PanelView Standard terminals are not meant to be modular.

Each PanelView variation has a specific firmware file, and the field firmware upgrade utility only allows you to load the firmware for the existing variation into the terminal; you can't load a "PanelView 1000 Color DH Plus" firmware file into a terminal that already has "PanelView 1000 Color DeviceNet" firmware.

I'm sure it could be done at the factory, but none of the tools available to the field (including to RA's own service engineers) will do so.

Thank you Ken For your FAST,accurate, and overwhelming knowledge on this stuff. As on of my vocational teachers used to say " I am an inexhaustible fountain of knowledge, what do you want to know " I see you as that fountain!!!!

Thanks again
Matt