RSLogix 500

One way is to hold down the CTRL & SHIFT keys while starting RSLogix. This will reset
the software to it's default settings. If you had any custom setting to view the software
you will have to reset them. Things like font, window size, where the files are stored when you save them etc.

Last edited:
I guess the only way is a registry hack - these are files that the software has previously worked with. They will eventually "go away" as you work with more "real" files.

DON'T go hacking the registry on your PC unless you know what you are doing, I take no responsibility for your actions, but if you want to get rid of the MRU (Most Recently Used) file list, they are stored here in the registry....

My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Rockwell Software\RSLogix500\Recent File List

It appears to be fixed at 8 entries, I can find no setting for number to remember.

IMHO I wouldn't worry about the list, the most recently used file will always be number 1 in the list.

Yep : that does it Mickey... (y)

Actually just checked the registry after doing that, and ALL customisation registry entries are deleted. Cool !!

I had RSLogix500 STARTER on my work laptop. I went in to ADD/REMOVE programs and removed it. Then I installed the upgrade version. 300. Then I installed the STARTER version on my own laptop. Now I can't get the ACTIVATION to work on my laptop. I see two ACTIVATIONS on my work laptop now. Do I have to remove the one for the STARTER software ? And how ?

Do not know what EVRSI is ??? The starter software was NODE LOCKED to my hard drive. I now have two DONGLES I plan to use. The work laptop is now locked to a DONGLE. I want to use the other DONGLE on my personal computer with the STARTER software.