pid error on slc 505

stu

Hi guys
I have had a problem twice now with a slc 505 having a fault light come on after the power has been turned off,
I connected to the plc as you do , went go to error it said invalid value pid, s:1/13 had a 1 in the box, ?
The only way to reset was to load the program back into slc,
Is there another way I could have reset the fault
Thanks stu

You would have to clear the error AND change the invalid value to something valid. You can clear the error with RSLogix500 software, or by cycling the keyswitch to program mode and then back to run mode, but if the invalid number is still there, it will immediately error again.

Can you zip and post your code? It sounds like it may need some polishing touches to prevent erroneous values from being entered in the PID block.