Dh485 to panelview

yasirkhi

I have used an RS232c to RS485 converter and connect it to RJ45 connector to connect with SLC500 485 channel communication using rslinx. It is working fine.

But I could not see the panelview 550 in rslinx which was connected to PLC via RS232>DH485 (Aic converter).

And If I connect RJ45 connector directly to panelview, it doesn't show anything via RSLinx.

Can somebody help how I can directly connect to panelview just to load the program.

Thanks

Can you please provide the exact PN and revision of the 550?
What CPU are you using on the SLC?
Also state what version of software you are using.

I'm a little confused by how you are connecting. Are you unplugging the AIC to talk to the CPU direct, or are you plugging into the AIC. Normally I would expect that your PV and the CPU are both connected to the AIC. Is this the case or are you trying to do a Passthru?

Firmware is 4.41 and some have 3.xx.
SLC503 cpu.
RSLogix 500.
Rslinx

I am trying directly and through AIC converter, but doesn't show panelview. I can connect to PLC easily but panelview.

Firmware is 4.41 and some have 3.xx.
SLC503 cpu.
RSLogix 500.
Rslinx

I am trying directly and through AIC converter, but doesn't show panelview. I can connect to PLC easily but panelview.

You forgot the complete catalog number of the PV, please.

Do you know the node address of your PV? And is it different then RSLinx.

But I could not see the panelview 550 in rslinx which was connected to PLC via RS232>DH485 (Aic converter).

Note the node numbers. All three of those you mentioned must be unique on the network. (the UIC has a node number chosen in the driver config.)

And If I connect RJ45 connector directly to panelview, it doesn't show anything via RSLinx.

I don't believe you can pass through all of the SLC 50x models DH485 port so this latter method may be your only direct method with a laptop. If you have a working memory card, then I suggest using it for program transfers, especially for panelview standards. They update very slowly even on ethernet compared to using the memory card.

If the DH485 converter and Panelview are directly connected, the baud rates match and the node numbers are unique, and the max address programmed in the DH485 port is not skipping the UIC in the range of nodes, then it should connect, and then you should be able to Upload/Download.

There are quirks with how power is connected with some DH485 arrangments which would be the next tree to bark up.

I have not used the UIC or its driver config, so I will have to let others help with FRN conflicts and signal pin-outs.

I dont' know the exact part number yet. Panelview node is set 2. I will post the catalog number later.

Everything is working fine between PLC and Panelview. I can update the program via CF.

Using custom made adaptor RS232---RS485--->RJ45 to PLC, I can communicate easily but it doesnt show panelview through same cable.