Siemens PN/DP cpu, ethernet online ?

userxyz

Hi,

I have 319 PN/DP CPU on my desk.
I have Simatic 5.5.
I have an ethernet cable.

Can I go online when de CPU was never configured in de HWConfig and download the first download over ethernet instead of MPI ?

Thanks in advance,

Gerry

Hmm

I'm connected from within a VMWare with network setting Direct en not NAT. I cannot find the CPU on it's MAC adress... I'm not using a crossed cable, should I use one ? Because there is only 1 port on the CPU... maybe it hasn't an integrated switch ?

Kinds regards,
G

Really that simple ?
I'll try it first thing in the morning.

Thanks.

Similar Topics

Hey when I turn on my Siemens PLC CPU 216-2 after runing 10 minute it's stop and showing SF indication after I turn off and some time later turn...
Replies
Views
I was trying to communicate between Siemens ET200S IM-151-8 PN/DP CPU to Rockwell Allen Bradley L73 through Hilscher Gateway NT100-RE-EN. Using...
Replies
Views
I'll preface this by saying this is the first time I've worked on a Siemens system and I'm fairly unfamiliar with them. I might mess up some of...
Replies
Views
Has anyone come across this kind of problem: I have 1215FC cpu with profinet and profibus devices. Because of one device, I would have to...
Replies
Views
First of all, it's a pleasure to join this community, I already have a few years of exp in this sector but never registered on a plc forum, so...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom