Sound in RSview32

xian555

Hi,

Have been able to add sound to RSview32 screens using Macros that have a PlayWAV command, pointing to a WAV file with the desired sound. Each sound is placed in a different Macro, and each Macro is triggered in an event file with a trigger for each.

The problem is that it's not possible to play more than one sound at a time. So the sound of a pump starting up and running cannot be played if you want to hear an alarm bell as a result of some alarm.

Now the average PC sound card has the ability of playing multiple channels of sound simultaneously, but using the PlayWAV command does not give access to this capability.

Any ideas of what alternate approach can be used to get two or more sounds being played simulatneously by the sound card while running an RSview32 project ? :whistle:

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

Christian (xian)

I hope I don't live to see turning process controls into video games complete with noise.

Hi Lancie1,

Process controls already have a number of alarm features, event management, logging, etc.

In this application, training is the objective, and the purpose is to make exercises as intersting as possible.

We're not too far from 3D operator interfaces, and most people won't object to that, if it helps them in their job.

Do you know anyone that could help out with this application and the functionality needed?

xian