1771-hsn/b

Alcoa Tech

I have a 1771-HSN/B card in a piece of equipment. I have a "system" led that is red on the card. That's usually a bad thing. We have an E-Stop associated with the card. I have a PLC program without descriptions but I've worked out the E-Stop is tied to the card. I was hoping to find out if it is a recoverable fault. I have tried Rockwell's knowledge base for information on the card and can't find anything. Would anyone know where else I might look?

That's bad news.

The 1771-HSN is a single-axis motion controller, also called an "IMC-120". The "N" designated that the module was shipped without a memory module; you'll probably find one inside.

The software to configure it is called "ODS". You can still get the User Manual for ODS software from the RA Literature Library:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/8520om-um051_-en-p.pdf

Use the keyword "IMC" in the literature library search and you'll find the IMC-120 installation guide and user guide.

I think the IMC-120 might be to the point where RA doesn't offer anything but repair services.

Thanks Ken. The manual should be a big help. Did you know to use the "IMC" in the search or did I overlook something?