AB RSlogix Plc data to Excel

SAMTORRES66

S
How can I import counters, timer presets or overall integers to a
excel spreadsheet.

DDE

Have you tried using DDE( dynamic data exchange). I know you could use it between RS View and Excel. Not sure about Rs Logix and Excel.

I am sure there will be a lot of people who will recommend you OPC/OLE. I would advise you to look in that direction too though.

I am told the professional version of RS Logix has that feature available. If you are just looking for something to monitor, can't you use FFL or FFU(file load or file unload).

Last edited:
YOU HAVE TO HAVE RSLINX PROFF. GO TO DDE/OPC THEN CONFIGURE TOPICS
CLICK NEW ON BOTTOM LEFT OF SCREEN. THEN GIVE YOUR TOPIC A NAME.
THEN GO TO DATA COLLECTION AND HOPEFULLY YOU HAVE A PROGRAM YOU HAVE
SYMBOLS IN. SELECT USE SYMBOLS, CLICK SELECT DATA BASE GO TO RSLOGIX
FIND YOUR PROGRAM, WHEN YOU FIND YOUR PROGRAM IF YOUR USEING RSLOGIX
500 SELECT RSLOGIX 500.RSS FOR THE TYPE OF FILES CHOOSE THE FILE AND OPEN.THEN APPLY THEN YES.NOW GO TO EDIT THEN COPY DDE LINK, WHEN THIS SCREEN OPENS GO TO SERVERS AND SELECT RSLINKS OPC THEN CONNECT AT THIS TIME YOU SHOULD SEE YOUR TOPIC ON THE LEFT.NOW CLICK THE + BY YOUR TOPIC.THEN ONLINE OR OFFLINE ON THE RIGHT SELECT THE SYMBOL THAT GOES WITH YOUR TOPIC. NOW GO TO EXCEL AND RIGHT KICK IN A CELL SELECT PASTE SPECIAL CHOOSE PASTE LINK.I HOPE THIS HELPS.IF NOT
[email protected]

Check out this tool on the A-B site I found recently.

http://www.software.rockwell.com/support/download/detail.cfm?ID=2788

This is a "tag upload download tool". It will basically read all the memory addresses and values through RSLinx. I think you will need one of the newer versions of Linx for it to auto generate the tags for the SLC/Micrologix & PLC5 controllers. It stores the values in a CSV file.

Darren