Redlion G3 - Loss of communication reboot

Marc_U

Lifetime Supporting Member
There appears to be a bug in the latest Crimson 3 software (Build 502), in that when one of the devices that the HMI (G3-10) is trying communicate with is unavailable (eg losted power), then HMI goes into a cyclic re-boot -> Guru Code screen -> Reboot, and so on.

It seems particularly prone to happen, if the device's Ping address is something other than 1.

The Guru code that I get is:

03-4002-A31A-3502

So far the only way I can stop it is by disabling the device in communication.

Has anyone else had this problem?
🔨🔨:confused::confused:🔨🔨

I hope I can have an answer soon, as I have customer witness test in a few days, and they are a right pain in the neck about these things.

Regards,

Marc

N.B. I know that I should go direct to Redlion, but I am having to use a borrowed computer to access the internet, and its email software is corrupted,

Send RedLion tech support an email with details - they should get you a fix pronto (they always have for me)

I would also consider reverting back to version 493.005 for this G310 application to prove that it is the version which makes the difference. I don't think 502 gains you anything except compatibility with the K2 Kadets (and perhaps a bug or two).