data acquisition

krishnarahul

viewers please guide me to get data from ge plc without using scada and opc to an excel sheet or to sql server,is any otherway to moniter plc data table continously if any change occures its very urgent pls help me.

I did exactly what you want to do except with a Siemens PLC, S7.
Siemens had developed software called PCAccess that can be made to log to the Excel spreadsheet using the VBA addon in Excel. It works great. I would ask GE is they have something similiar to allow logging data from the PLC to a PC.

I was referring to the S7-200 series. I think the link you are referencing is for the S7-300 series of PLC.

Don't have modbus connectivity. So we used the PLC to control the test and send test data to EXCEL in the PC.

How was your plc connected to PC?

How was your plc connected to PC?
I suppose, only OEM softwares (in your case GE) will know how to communicate with PLC. The communication method is proprietary.
However, in spite of that, if you are able to communicate, I would be happy to be informed.

Regards.

Hello,

>The communication method is proprietary.

SNP, SNP-X and SRTP protocols for GE are published in varying degrees.

We support all three.

Hello,
I had the same problem. I needed a solution for creating a few report sheets for waste water treatment monitoring. And I could not spend too much money in each project. I finally found a tool which can read data directly from the S7 and automatically triggers report creation in Excel and PDF: http://www.plcreports.com I use this in almost all projects now. What I especially need and use is batch report creation. Tip: I use Array Variables to save money J. This way I can use the starter or small edition…