PV Migration (300 Micro to PVc C400)

Good morning sirs,

I have to migrate our machine's HMIs from PV 300Micro to PVc C400, as everybody may know, PV standard is out of line (or almost that).

The point is: on my old HMI's program I have a "Character Array" field to input recipes names. This "Character Array" field write its value to a float (from F8:0 'til F8:65).

Examining the program: I have 12 possibilities of recipes, each one has the "Character Array" field writing to a float in a lenght of 5 (the selected recipe is the F8:0, the first recipe's name is a F8:5, and so on). Then the recipe's name is written in a float (just don't know how it works). The only logic including the F8 address is a COP block coping it to a F9 data file.

On the PVc C400 we don't have this "Character Array" field for writing, or even reading, the recipe's names.

Do I need to create a new "String" Data File and substitute every recipe's name field by a "String Input" or there is another way of getting the Floats value and return a name, not the numbers.

Thanks in advance.

Array 1.jpg Array 2.jpg

Last edited: