InTouch from InSql

rrangaprasad

Trying to have some of my intouch nodes read (no writes)values from InSql (as they cant access the tag server). So using aahiosvrsvc.

ISSUE: aahIOSvrSvc doesn't update some tags. This is random everytime. Sometime, i get some values, but they are OLD and they dont change.

WORKAROUND i got from techsupport:
In a script on startup, write for each tag that you have historized by insql, tag = tag. It just needs to be executed one time.

tag=tag gives me error in the historian log, as it is not permitted to write values to the Historian from Client.
Its ok. Evn then, as soon as i execute the tag=tag script (i have it in a button), BOOM, the values gets updated. However, the update is almost a one-shot. Any updates after this is not shown, even when i click the button (with tag=tag script) again.

Just curious as to difference between tag=tag and re-initialize all, as re-initialize all does do the trick
I do not want to be doing tag=tag for 1000s of tag.

Any help appreciated.

THANKS