Red lion g308 error

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey everyone,
Had a weird thing happen to me a couple of times yesterday. I was working in the field with the G308 that I programmed. I went to the secure page to clear some events and when I went to exit, the screen froze up. After about a minute the screen re-booted up and had the following message:
SOFTWARE EXCEPTION
Guru Meditation Code
2F-0000-0016-3502
Press MENU to Continue

When I pressed the MENU key everything came up fine and the HMI seemed to work properly.

Any idea what this is? Like I said it happened twice at different times. Both times what when I was exiting out of my secure page after clearing events. I tried to make it happen again but couldn't so I cant say for sure what it going on.

This is in a remote location so I don't want to have any issues. If you have any ideas please let me know.

Thanks!!

Hello,

This error would indicate a watchdog timeout. Check to make sure you aren't doing anything that would allow the unit to get stuck in a loop when you leave that page. You can send me the file if you would like. [email protected]