RSVIEW32 Display Goes All Grey Scale

asterof

Application been running about four years
A few years ago every so often and it is random
the display will go all Grey scale.
Computer was replaced, with new monitor and VGA cable.
Still doing it. To resolve the issue they do Ctrl-Alt-P
close app and then restart the app not the computer.
Version 7.6 RSVIEW32 and RSLINX 5.2. PLC 5/80E over Ethernet.
New install of Rslinx and RSWIRE32.
Dell Computer, XP with SPK3.
Anyone ever heard of this kind of issue.
Thanks

I have seen similar weird things if the communications connection from the computer to the PLC is lost for a few seconds or is intermittent. When RSView loses the tag updates from the PLC, it starts to "gray out" the screen. Check or replace your Ehternet cable and the connections on both ends.

Rockwell refers to this as Wireframing. I have seen a bad or mis-configured Tag cause this. If you don't have it already, get the Resource Kit for your Version of RSView32, and run the Tag Checker. A little searching on the AB/Rockwell site should find it, but a TechConnect Contract helps a lot.

Stu....

It is easy in the RSView graphics to accidently stack several animations on top of each other, and thus have undefined or redundant tags. If it has been running for 4 years, then surely those cases would have been found and fixed before now?