In Touch 7.1

Jezz

Hi I've just set up an InTouch package with a historical logging screen the historical logging is working fine except that it's running 2 hours ahead of the system clock any one any ideas??????????

Jezz :(

Try setting the PC's time zone to GMT(Casablanca). The Wonderware website should have a detailed explanation, its all to do with daylight saving time.

Cheers

I only use older (6.0b) Intouch, so YMMV. What time zone is the PC set up for? If it doesn't match Intouch, trends can shift around.

Usually is just one hour due to DST ("Summertime" in UK). There is some info about the TZ environment variable in the Intouch user manual, in the Hist Trend chapter. For example use <set TZ=GMT-2> in the environment variables in Windows.

Or, as a real kluge, you can edit the update time script in the histrend page using: HTUpdateToCurrentTime - 2 (I forget the syntax)

I've tried the Casablanca setup but I've not been able to reboot the PC as they are running Might be able to get to it tommrow..

Jezz

Wonderware Hist Data Time

All of your wonderware nodes have to have the times syncronized in order to work properly. Historic data is time stamped by the logging node. The view when updated to current time may leave gaps or flatlines if the times are different. Automatically updating time for daylight savings time is not recommended if your operation needs to maintain data logged during the changeover time. In the fall you will suffer a one hour loss of data as it is overwritten when the time "falls back". Conversely in the spring you will have a one hour gap. www.wonderware.com has a very detailed explanation of how to configure your network to sync the node times. Using a windows XP terminal for a network time server is a good option because it has an automatic time sync feature to sync with a nist time server every hour.

Dave