FTView ME 6.1 Local Message List Mass Edit

dcooper33

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi guys,

I'm needing to build a "Local Messages" file for an existing PV+ application. This file will need to contain all the alarm and warning messages. There are approximately 750 possible values for the tag that will call the messages, of which about 250 are currently being used. So you can see that there is a lot of potential messages that I need to create.

I would like to not have to do this in the native FTView editor, as it is not very robust. There is no autofill, or mass copy/paste like there is in MS Excel.

Does anyone know of a way to import/export these files? I couldn't find anything about this in the FTView manual, or online help, or via Google...

The user manual does refer to these files as text files, but the extension is .loc, which can't be opened by excel, and if opened with Notepad++, is just a bunch of gibberish.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Dustin

🍻

Dustin, I fill these out in a common text file. Enter the value, then tab once and type your text. Repeat for each line. Then select all, copy and paste into your "Local Message" file. When you paste it, just select the first "cell".

You can select all of an exiting one, copy and paste it into a text file to see what it looks like.

Dustin,

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for :D
I can build the messages in excel, save as .csv, open in notepad, replace the commas with spaces, then paste the result in the message editor.

This will save me a couple hours typing AT LEAST!

Thanks again,
Dustin