help with rslogix 500 and excel

stu

hi guys
i have a slc 505 running a flour system , and what i would like to to is record a number of readings to an excel sheet so i can see if we are getting the same amount of flour in every mix? this is only to help me fault find, is there a way i could do this, thanks stu

Yes. One way is to use RSLinx and make a DDE link between the processor and Excel. You will need anything but RSLinx Lite to do this though.

I have got it working but it over writes the last figure ,is the anyway I could use it as a data log for a period of time ? Thanks stu

Can you give me an example as I haven't done much vb , if I set up the data monitor paste link in rslinx,
For example F16.6 value how can I set up the vB? Thanks stu

The best way I've found for this is to write VB code in Excel to move the value and insert a new row for the new value.
Can someone explain to me how to do this , is there a youtube video or a step by step thanks stu