Siemens CPU315-2 DP Current Outputs

Jordash

I'm using a CPU315-2 DP and I can't find any information in the manual regarding the analogue current outputs, such as the addresses and which pins to use for measurement.

If anyone has this information it would be greatly appreciated.

Jordash,
Go to the Siemens support site and search for the cat numbers of the IO cards you are using, and download the manuals for them.
The answers are there.
The 315-2DP is a cpu and has no IO.

How do I get the cat numbers? Is this located on the actual PLC slots, at the bottom it says 332-5HB01-OAB0 is that the one?

Jordash,
Go to the Siemens support site and search for the cat numbers of the IO cards you are using, and download the manuals for them.
The answers are there.
The 315-2DP is a cpu and has no IO.

On the siemens website I couldn't find a manual, just some technical specifications. I did find some documents for the
6ES7 332-5HB01-0AB0 from google but still i was unable to obtain the information I need.

The siemens website is not the easiest place to navigate round - they never make anything easy!

You will need to find or assign the peripheral output word for the card in your hardware configration in S7. Also in there check that the card is configured for the output you want.

Then you use the unscale function to send your analogue value out to the real world.

HTH

Andy

Info here page 430. It will have the pins. As for the outputs these are defined in your hardware configuration. Do you have a project is this a new project?

Last edited: