PLC Temperature

dontknow

Hello,

Im working on a project and now i need to get my temperature values to my PLC Simatic s7-1200. How is it possible to get my temperature values from my pH probe to my PLC?

Can somebody give me some more information?
Thank you

If your pH probe has two outputs, one for pH and one for temperature, and if the output is a signal like 0-10 VDC or 4-20 mA, then you would just connect the probe output to a standard analog input card, read the value into your program, and convert the raw data into engineering units.

If the pH probe doesn't have an option for the temperature output then you are screwed.

If your pH probe has two outputs, one for pH and one for temperature, and if the output is a signal like 0-10 VDC or 4-20 mA, then you would just connect the probe output to a standard analog input card, read the value into your program, and convert the raw data into engineering units.

If the pH probe doesn't have an option for the temperature output then you are screwed.

Wait what!? im Screwed :oops:
I have a single temperature probe.
mhh, if my temperature probe has a resistance from 1k to 30k,
then im able to use a 10V voltagedevider to get 0 to 10V input on the PLC

Can you confirm this for me?
687722.jpg

687727.jpg

Last edited:
What kind of temperature probe is this ,RTD, Thermistor?

The response will not be linear.

Best to use a transmitter.

What kind of temperature probe is this ,RTD, Thermistor?

The response will not be linear.

Best to use a transmitter.

Hi
i got this Temperature probe:
TSP.jpg

And this are the resistent values that comes with the different temperature, im using temperature -20 to 60, so the resistent values will be ~1k to ~30k.

688235.jpg

so if i have a temperature from -20 then i got a voltage from 9,066V
and if i have a temperature form 20 i got a voltage from 5,55V
so the PLC knows what value belongs to temperature.
and my PLC can use now.

does you anybody know if im right?

688226.jpg

Last edited:
I see no reason that this wouldn't work.
The AI doesn't burn if the driver voltage is 10V.
You will have to make a linearizing function in your software.
But, if the total accuracy will be adequate.:confused:

Kalle

pH below zero is difficult and not interesting, so you can narrow your scale to 10k and (this makes the input 3 times more accurate.
and yes you are fully correct with your simulation and calculations.
When build make a nice table with a normal thermometer and put it in the PLC like a calibration table.
for pH it will be adequate enough.

pH below zero is difficult and not interesting, so you can narrow your scale to 10k and (this makes the input 3 times more accurate.
and yes you are fully correct with your simulation and calculations.
When build make a nice table with a normal thermometer and put it in the PLC like a calibration table.
for pH it will be adequate enough.

thank you!