Siemens S7-1200 SCL

Michal_dk

Hi Guys!

I'm preparing a short training for some colleagues on how to use the S7-1200 CPU and while explaining the 3 different programming languages I ran into a slight problem :eek:

How on earth do I make a simple program with a couple of branches in SCL? :confused:

I have:

LADex.png

And what I have figured out in SCL:

SCLex.png

But to me this seems a lot of programming to get the simple branch, is there a simpler way of doing this?

Mind you that the training is not intended to make programmers of my colleagues, merely to help them setup and test small systems when visiting customers.

Best regards,

Michal

You could eliminate the If then else and use

Code:
output := (logic expression)

but apart from that, that's what you get using SCL

Hmm, yes I see. I think my problem was that I wanted to "go the other way around" i.e. starting with the expression and ending with the output.

But this looks a lot more like I expected it to:

SCLex2.png

Thanks! :site:

Best regards,

Michal