Redlion G307K200

ATU

Just got this G307K200 Redlion Display. I used to use the 06K and I guess this is a replacement for those. I noticed it has 2 USB ports, a Memory Card and a Speaker port. However I don't see those features on any documentation that I can find. Updated Crimson 3 to the latest and nothing about the USB ports. Is it a HOST type of port? What can I do with those? Is there more information available?

Thanks OkiePC!

Well isn't that dandy. That HOST USB and SD slot just sitting there with no functionality now or in the near future. A display all dressed up and nothing to do. :confused:

I am working on this future project for a customer of mine looking to build a standard platform machine base and control package. I really like CRIMSON, but I'll have to take a hard look at those Maples.

I think the demand for functional SD slot will be so overwhelming that Red Lion may be wise to add that in. If they do, it will probably be very hush-hush until it is released, maybe a hint a few days early. They do a pretty good job of not making promises they can't keep, and unlikely to give any timeline projections.

Crimson can do so many things that the others can't touch, that I would step up to a G3 if I really really needed the memory card and USB functionality. I might consider Maple if their software was free and really really good.

Just the FTP/SQL controls might sway me to try out the new Kadets. I have one G304K that will eventually become a K2, but it was never expected to do more than the PV300 micro it replaced. My upcoming projects depend on reliable logging, so they will be done with the G306. If I didn't require the scatter graph and didn't abhor FTViewStewdio, I would consider a PV+, but why pay more for less power?

I need the ability to walk up to the machine, insert a USB drive with a configuration data file and download the data to a Compact Logix. Not many HMI's have the HOST USB port and scripting capability like the G3's with Crimson.

OkiePC - The Kadets don't support FTP or SQL. You would need one of the standard G3 units for the Productivity Station for SQL. The G306K did have a functional CF slot, however it didn't do much since there is no datalogging in the Kadets. Previously the CF slot was required to update the units firmware via Ethernet. The code has now been modified on the kadets so that no external memory is required to update firmware via Ethernet.

ATU - Your application would require you to move to one of our standard G3's.

Last edited:
The G306K did have a functional CF slot, however it didn't do much since there is no datalogging in the Kadets.

I am data logging in the G304K, and it sure looks like it works when I go to the trend viewer (only one tag logged every 30 seconds), there is just a limited amount of historical data that can be viewed.

I am data logging in the G304K, and it sure looks like it works when I go to the trend viewer (only one tag logged every 30 seconds), there is just a limited amount of historical data that can be viewed.

Correction you are trending... not datalogging :D

It is true that you must configure a "data log" in order to use the trendviewer but nothing is ever logged in the kadets. This is just the method required to populate the trendviewer. In a standard G3 the contents of your data log would also be written a CF card as a .CSV file. This is what we refer to as data logging.

Thanks
Jeremy