FactoryTalk View Alarm History

KerryP

I have a new PanelView Plus 6 and FactoryTalk View ME R6. I converted a Panelbuilder 32 application that has a "home-made" alarm history screen. I've been wrestling with this and at the moment the history works correctly when I run ME on my laptop. However, when I download to the PV, no alarm history. I'm hoping for clues about where to look. Thanks.

Just create a new display and name it, let's say Alarm History.
Open it up, add some display navigation buttons and then add an Alarm List Object (Objects/Advanced/Alarm/Alarm List).
Configure the Alarm List Properties (Header columns, Alarm graphic behavior, etc) and don't forget to add the required Alarm "handling" buttons (Acknowledge, Acknowledge All, Scroll UP/DN, Clear Alarm, etc; they are also located within Objects/Advanced/Alarm pull-down menu.

Thanks for the response. I have an Alarm History display with most of these items, an Alarm List object and various buttons. I have it connected to an alarm data array of 5 integers, and acknowledge bits. When I test application on my laptop, it works as intended. When I download this very same application to my PanelView, no history, the alarms don't show up on the list. I am truly stumped.

Is your laptop connected to a processor and your PV isn't? Are these alarms stored in the processor?

Create a Display with just a full-size FactoryTalk Diagnostic banner on it (I copied mine from the pre-made [DIAG] Display and made it bigger).

Open up that Display and you'll get a nice look at what's going on under the hood.

It sounds like maybe the Alarm subsystem is not starting up. Check the "Startup" list and be sure the Alarm box is checked.

Or there's something going on where the PanelView Plus terminal can't access the Trigger tags. You'll see that in the FT Diagnostic banner.

Thanks, Ken. I referred to the diagnostics screen and saw that everything was starting and running just fine. The problem was my setup of the alarming. Now I know about the ,L(x) extension on the trigger tags that lets me define multiple elements of trigger data.