cheap plc for learning

stu

Hi guys
I am trying to learn more about plcs at home , where is the best place to get a cheap plc from,
Like a slc I have got Rockwell software
Thanks for your time stu

Hi!
If you aren't planning to use the PLC to something physical, you could download CoDeSys from www.3s-software.com. It is for free, has got 5 different 'languages' (LD, ST, IL, CFC, SFC), has got built-in visualization and has a free PLC+HMI simulator. And there are plenty tutorial videos on Youtube.

Kalle

I can help with the 500 hardware... you pay shipping, no charge for the hardware

One condition... when you are done you can't sell it you have to give it to someone that is looking to learn

I know I have a A4 rack, I think I have some 5/02 CPU's, you will need a 1747-UIC or 1747-PIC, I know I have a few I/O's but not sure what they are I think a 1746-OW16 so this will work for your output, I will look tomorrow when I go the the shop, I don't think I have any power supplies

If you are interested I will get it together, should be about 50 USD to ship and takes about a week

For the 5000 hardware you will need to buy it, I would look on eBay I have a lot but I had to buy it, the 500 stuff is from old jobs that I removed

I can help with the 500 hardware... you pay shipping, no charge for the hardware

One condition... when you are done you can't sell it you have to give it to someone that is looking to learn

I know I have a A4 rack, I think I have some 5/02 CPU's, you will need a 1747-UIC or 1747-PIC, I know I have a few I/O's but not sure what they are I think a 1746-OW16 so this will work for your output, I will look tomorrow when I go the the shop, I don't think I have any power supplies

If you are interested I will get it together, should be about 50 USD to ship and takes about a week

For the 5000 hardware you will need to buy it, I would look on eBay I have a lot but I had to buy it, the 500 stuff is from old jobs that I removed

So Nice of you Sir Geniusintraining!

STU, should you be done in learning, maybe you can give it to us. I am wanting to build up training kits for people who want to learn as well as myself. Right now i only have 1 ML11-- with IF2OF2 module. Bought it new and it quite hurt my pocket, though it is free of use for people who wants to learn but of course they cant bring it home. Now i am looking for used SLC or ML and small speed drives.

Stu,

We are in Worcester and have several used SLC racks, CPUs and other items...let me know if this is of use to you!

Regards,

Rob

STU, should you be done in learning, maybe you can give it to us. I am wanting to build up training kits for people who want to learn as well as myself.

Coulombboy, If Stu does not want it you can have it... looks like Kidblue may be able to help him

Hi guys thanks for your kind responses , as I am in the UK it would be cheaper / easier to get it of kidblue thanks to all .
Kid blue how much would you like for it , you can pm me it you would like thanks again stu

Coulombboy, If Stu does not want it you can have it... looks like Kidblue may be able to help him

So kind of you Sir Geniusintraining! So how can we make it possible? Hope you can find PS so it can be fully working. My student friends will be very happy. Should there be someone here interested in Mitsubishi, I have one at my office.

Coulombboy when you get threw with those items you should send them my way. I am trying to get my hands on some equipment to build a trainer of sorts.