conversion of plc 5 to control logix 5000

kbn_120184

HI EVERYBODY
i have converted plc 5 program to contol logix 5000 .previous inn graphics we where using plc 5 with 3 wincc slaves. i have upgraded it to control logix 5000 now how to communicate with wincc .i have to download any upgraded drive r it will communicate .and how to use the tag addresses for communication now we r using 32bits addresses wincc.

Logix5000 and WinCC HMI's is a configuration specified by GM.

AFAIK you have to obtain a patch from Siemens so that it will talk to the Logix controller.

If you need a better answer, I'll probably be able to confirm this on Monday.

Similar Topics

wht are the main changes has to be noticed in software and hardware and io addressing aswell actually i have a program in plc 5 and i am...
Replies
Views
I have a machine which is undergoing upgradation. As part of the process two SEW drives are being replaced., existing Gen B with new Gen C. The...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have no experience when working with AllenBradley PLC, but I hope someone could clarify the result of multiplication shown in the...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I might be able to download or obtain a copy of Allen Bradley 6200-2CV5 software to convert a PLC2/30 to PLC 5? I'd like to...
Replies
Views
Long time viewer, first time poster. First I want to start, yes I know, PLC-2 and PLC-5 do not belong in manufacturing plants anymore, but...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom