slc 500 questions

two questions that I should know.
one being how to use the replace command to move all outputs
and inputs to another cardcage or smaller cardcage?
10 to a 7.

can you change from a 5/04 to a 5/03 if you had thesame amount
of memory?

"cardcage" ??? ...

do you mean the chassis? ...

try the steps shown below – but experiment with a SPARE COPY of the file to see if it ends up the way that you want ...

in most cases this approach will be much easier than using the Search and Replace feature ...

and yes, you can change the processor type (within reason) by going to the Controller Properties feature – and use the pull-down menu to select the new "Processor Type" ... note that the communications (Data Highway Plus, DH-485, etc.) might be different so take that into account ...

if this isn't what you're looking for, post again with more details about what you're trying to accomplish ...

moving_modules.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Ron.yeah what I have to do in the near future is change two locations from 10 slot chasis to 7 slot chasis so I have to move all the outputs and insputs and thought that if the 5/04 processor with 32k
mem could be replaced with a 5/03 then I would have more spares in the
5/03 if I ever got in a bind without a spare 5/04.
couldnt see that much difference between the two processors except one
additional communication being dh+.
Thanks for all and any responses.
I did think that you had to use the replace command to move inputs and outputs.
Michael

Wow Ron, I never knew about that. The few times I have had to do this, I used word level search and replace.

:geek:

Either the 5/03 or 5/04 can control 30 slots of cards. They are very similar except for channel 1. The 5/04 has a DH+ port, and the 5/03 has a DH485 port. If those ports don't cause a conflict with the rest of the system, then they are virtually interchangeable. As long as your Logic and Data files consume less than required by the one with the least memory.