Alllen Bradley rsl500 pid problem

the "invalid parameter" error is probably due to your setpoint being out of range ... you have it set up for a minimum of 2457 and a maximum of 16383 - but the setting itself is currently entered as 0 ...

also ...

we can't tell from what you've posted so far, but if the ladder file that you're using isn't set up as an STI (with a period of 0.25 seconds), then you need to change the PID's "Time Mode" setting to "TIMED" instead of "STI" ...

also ...

are you sure about that "Output Min" setting for your CV? ... the way you have it set, your PID can't put out anything less than 30% ...

Last edited:
I assumed that anything set below 2457 would default the PID to 2457. I will try changing that to 0 and see what happens. Yes I am sure about the 30% because this PID is controling a blower and anything lower than 30% causes the blower to over heat.