I need help with adding a selector switch in Logix Pro Silo Simulator

chadbrackin

Ok, I'm a student and we have to add a selector switch to a program. It is call Logix Pro Silo Simulator. I can get it to run cont, and single cycle but I dont know how to add a selector switch to switch from cont, single cycle. No clue.

Chad,

Perhaps you need to first set up Rung 0 as shown in the attached picture. Note that the selector switch has 3 separate contacts A, B, & C, which if one contact is ON, the other two are OFF.

Silo Exercise 3 Setup.jpg

I need help .. I am a student.
I have to do a program LogixPro, which is the silo with 2 selectors, the selector must first fill the first box, and the second selector and move only half.
: (

Arthur,

What is your problem and what is your question? If you make a start based on what you know and have learned in class, then post your attempt here, you will get plenty of help.

As it stands now, I or anyone else would not know where to start, and would not know the exact problem description. You left out a lot such as Input and Output addresses, and which LogixPro Silo Student Exercise.

Copy your student problem text, and post that here. It will save a lot of time. Then also post your first attempt at a solution. That will get you help.

The selector switch [Position A] must first fill the first box, and [then] the second selector [switch Position B causes the next box to only fill to half-full].
Is the above a correct description of your student assignment problem? If you must fill a box only 1/2 full, then you need some other method than using the built-in I:1/4 Box Level Sensor (which can only indicate Full or not Full). I suggest that you use a Counter controlled by a Time Base (clock) bit, S:4/0. Start counting when O:2/1 Solenoid Valve is ON, and stop when that valve is OFF. The counter ACC value will tell you how full the box is, from 0 up to 92 (full level). Then you can stop the fill at any point. A half-full box gives you 92/2 = 46 counts.

Last edited:
The official LogixPro Silo Exercise #3 does not sound like what you described. Now I am not sure if you are trying to fill a box 1/2 full, or are trying to do Position "B", where only 1 box moves down the conveyor and fills, then the conveyor automatically stops. I suppose you could call that "move only half" (or move only once in English).
Exercise #3 -- Selectable Mode of Operation

Alter or re-write your program so that the panel mounted Selector switch can be utilized to select one of 3 different modes of operation. The 3 modes shall operate as follows:
  • When the selector switch is in position "A", the system shall operate in the "Continuous" mode of operation. This is the mode of operation which was used in Exercise #1.
  • When the selector switch is in position "B", the system shall operate in the "Manual Restart" mode of operation. This is the mode of operation which was used in Exercise #2.
  • When the selector switch is in position "C", the system shall operate in the "Fill Bypass" mode of operation. In this mode, the boxes will simply move down the conveyor continuously and bypass the fill operation. As in the other modes, the Start and Stop pushbuttons will control the conveyor motion and the Run Lamp will operate as expected.

Last edited: