Flow Computer - Idec FL1E

nikmis

I am trying to create a simple flow computer using an Idec FL1E smart relay. It has HSC inputs and I would like to use them to read the pulse from the meter and display a flow rate on the screen. I have experience with simple ladder programming but nothing like this. Help anyone??

This is a scaling issue. The solution is in algebra:

You meter should have a rating of X gallons per pulse. 1/gal/pulse = pulse/gal

Your PLC should allow you to read the frequency of the input, pulses per second.

pulse/sec x gal/pulse x 60sec/min = gal/min

I get the math bit, that will be the easy part. I am having a hard time pulling the frequency from the input. There are limited functions on this relay unit. A higher end plc would probably be easier but this is what i have to work with.