TwinCAT - Remote connection. Keeps wanting to download program!

smcmanus

I am running 2 Beckhoff Industrial PC's that are identical, just different computer names and IP addresses. I connect remotely using “Choose Target” to PC2 from PC1 and it connects successfully. I have the most recent program file from PC2 copied onto PC1, but when I go online with the program (PLC2.pro) it always says “The program has changed! Download the new program?” I don’t understand why it does this. The versions are identical. Appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

beckhoff_error.jpg

Version control is also date related, and it is impossible to download twice at exactly same time.
Just make a saved as copy of your program with the name plc1 and plc2 and download them to the apprropriate plc.
take good care of this as you can not look online with this problem.

So is there anyway to connect to the remote PLC and not have to download before I go Online? The downloading tells me the offline PLC program is different then the program running in the PLC. But it's not. When I go online locally, it goes online without downloading!

I had a similar problem in the past, I had 2 PC's and was not able to go online with PC2 after I downloaded with PC1. It turned out that both PC's had a different twincat version (build) installed.

Interesting. I thought I read somewhere TwinCAT supports different versions. Can someone explain to me the purpose of TwinCAT Remote Manager?