CompactLogix Motion Controller Programming

cmac2425

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am trying to run an adaptation of a lathe, it's more like a winder, with a compactlogix. I have the motion axis moves working the way I want them but I need to toggle the rungs manually every time I want them to change. I basically want the axis to go to a certain count position (i.e. 100 counts) and then return back to 0, repeatedly. I get it to 100, but them I must switch over to the 0 rung. I am having problems running this automatically. I see the .PC bit seems to work as a move completed bit, can I use that bit to toggle the rungs? Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

Yes, the PC bit is the Process Complete bit for the instruction. You should be able to trigger a MAM for 100 units and use the .PC bit from that MAM to trigger a second MAM back 100 counts. The PC bit may only blip true, so you might be better off triggering the second MAM when the .IP (In Process)bit of the first MAM goes false.

Additionally, you only need to trigger an instruction once for it to execute - not continually. State logic works well for this or simply place a one shot in front of the instructions.

Thank you very much, it worked perfectly. I used the .PC bit instead of the .IP because I wanted to be able to stop the process in the middle (with a false rung trigger) and continue where it left off. When I used the .IP bit it always went to the first MAM in the rung scan. I am working on a counter now because every time the .IP hits I want to count it. Thanks for your help!:site: