Power inductor on Burkert Positioner

barryoc

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone,

This is probably the wrong place to ask this and is a long shot. I have sereral burkert positioners (model 1067) all with the same fault. The component in the attached image which i think is a power inductor have a broken leg and are two short to resolder.

My questions are:

1. Is it possible to undo one winding from the core then resolder.
2. If not does anyone know exactly what this component is and how to rate a replacement. (R10 is stamped on the plastic casing). The positioner has a 24vdc supply.

Regards,
Barry.

IMAG0587.jpg

I would not recommend to take one winding off, as it is most likely a transformer (when it has two windings.)
If only one winding sure no problem, it will only peep a little more.
Repair is the option here, find yourself a old motor with this type of wire on it (it has isolated wire), take out the core and repair it.
After installing it again protect it with some sillicone or glue.
Do the same with the working ones.
The wire is breaking just above where it is soldered.
this is a factory fault, but it comes only after years the warranty is gone.
btw i do know people that can do this for you over there. the local tv/washingmachine repair man. try vinny.

Shooter,

Excellent idea. I'm presuming (no doubt a bad thing to do) its some sort of isolation transformer since it has 12 windings on each side.

Barry

If it's just a bit short you could unwind enough so that you can join a wire on then thread your new wire back through to maintain the turns relationship.
Perhaps use a short bare copper wire and cover it later with heat shrink.