Compact Logix 1769-L32E Flash upgrade issue

henryolbach

I tried flashing a L32E processor to VER. 20 this morining using a compact flash card which i have used on other processors with no issues. However this time i can not seem to talk to the PLC at all. I can set my driver up in RSLinx for the serial port and the AutoConfig is successful. but i can not see the processor in RSWho

The MS and NS lights are solid RED

Any sugestions

You may have already looked at this, but if not...

From the User Manual:

MS = Module Status
The controller is holding the port in reset or the controller has faulted.
1. Clear the controller fault.
2. If the fault will not clear, replace the controller.

The port is performing its power-up self test. Normal operation - No action is required.

A nonrecoverable fault has occurred.
1. Cycle power to the controller.
2. If the fault will not clear, replace the controller.

NS = Network Status
The port has detected that the assigned IP address is already in use.
Verify that all IP addresses are unique.